[haiku-development] Re: reviving R1/Alpha2 & R1 Final discussions.

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 13:08:29 -0700

> As far as packaging goes, I am not sure if we need to repackage all packages
> like we did for the alpha. I would just rebuild those packages which got
> broken by updates to Haiku components.

I've been going through the optionalpackages making sure they have
working .bep files files on HaikuPorts so that we can easily rebuild
them:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha2/OptionalPackages
All of the ones marked with a status of H and all set to go, the
others I'm still working through.  The ones with a 3 may need to be
rebuilt by their owners/maintainers, although even for those we can
now write .bep files that can use haikuporter to pull from their cvs,
svn hg, or git repos and automatically build and create their zip
packages as well:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/VersionControlURI
Once I finish with groups 0-2 I'll take a look at the rest of them.
We've put together a test case for the new haikuporter functionally in
the BeAE .bep file:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/browser/haikuports/trunk/haiku-apps/beae/beae-20.bep

-scottmc