[haiku-development] Re: playsound and FileGameSound.cpp

  • From: Maurice Kalinowski <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 11:37:50 +0100

David McPaul wrote:
Heya,

I am trying to fix an issue with playsound.  While investigating I
noticed that the 8bit version of FillBuffer looked wrong to me.

Attached is the diff.  Can someone review it to confirm?
Hey,

I am not sure if it is actually wrong. It rather looks to me, that the code is considered to be stereo, where a sample basically consists of both channels.

If the buffer is mono, then this is most probably wrong, stereo ok, more channels wrong. So maybe it should be fixed more generic then?

I am currently at work, so I don't know the code surrounding/calling this part. Will take a look this evening, if no one does earlier.

Best Regards,
Maurice