[haiku-development] Re: pc_serial?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:40:36 -0700

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 03:48:13AM +0200, Fran?ois Revol wrote:
> On 16/08/2014 01:48, Pete Goodeve wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was never aware of the absence of a  serial port driver on Haiku.
> > In fact I thought I'd actually used it once, but I guess not!  I've just
> > checked back trough several years of systems and it's not on any of
> > them.
> >
> > Yet I see that pc_serial code is in the source tree.  Can it be built
> > and installed? (And run...)  Or is there some conflict?
> >

> The driver itself works, but uses the BeOS API for the tty module, and
> the one in Haiku is a little different.
>
> The usb_serial driver has been modified to use it but not pc_serial yet.

Thanks for the clarification.  How hard is it going to be to do the
update?  If it's a reasonable job, I might take it on, but ATM I know
nothing of the area.

Are the two APIs available for understanding anywhere?  I took a look at
the two sets of sources (usb & pc) and I wasn't immediately any the
wiser.

Thanks,

        -- Pete --