[haiku-development] Re: multi-selection semantics

On 2007-06-06 at 14:01:41 [+0200], Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
wrote:

> DarkWyrm wrote (2007-06-06, 13:55:16 [+0200]):
> [8<]
> > Considering that selecting is a more common action than renaming, I
> > *still* think it needs to go.
>
> I agree. Because you cannot deselect by clicking an aleady selected item
> (unless holding down a modifier), you could enter renaming by clicking a
> selected item again. Seeing there is a delay now anyways.

As Axel explained, there is no delay. And personally I find the way Windows
implements it (clicking a second time) a little annoying, because you have
to wait for the double-click time span to expired before you can click a
second time.

Anyway at least for me selecting is certainly not a lot more common than
renaming. I rarely just select files. I use double clicking, drag and drop,
and right clicking -- which all aren't affected by name editing.

The only thing I would change is name editing when doing multiple
selections. I can't really imagine situations when it would be useful (even
then Command-E could still work).

CU, Ingo