[haiku-development] Re: moving to tuxfamily.org ?

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:57:07 +0200

Hosting it on a server of our own would allow better Trac integration than any other public hosting provider. Currently there is a certain lag between commits and changesets becoming available in Trac.

Google is nasty in that it forces people to sign up for and use GMail accounts for projects. But apart from that, for small projects it's really nice.

Andreas

Am 15.08.2008 um 14:46 schrieb Duane Ryan:

+1 for google; I've used their hosting for a while and it's excellent.
I don't know about the mailing list part, but they have excellent
tools. The only problem I can imagine having is not enough access for
really fine grain svn control or, perhaps, problems with either two
bug reporting places or a problem merging them.

Cheers!
-Duane

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Bruno Albuquerque <bga@bug- br.org.br> wrote:
Axel Dörfler escreveu:

http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/CodeReviews

I actually find a mailing list much more compelling for this one.

With a code review tool like this you can be both source files (the original and the modified one) at the same time (full files, not only the diffs) with the changes highlited and you are able to easilly make comments (and see comments made by others before you) on the entire file or on a single line or block of code. Even better, it can be configured to not allow commits directly to the main branch before code review is done. I use a similar tool
every day with projects with millions of lines and I can tell you
categorically that it does beat the hell out of trying to do this via email.

In any case, it was just a suggestion if we ever decide to switch project
hosting.

-Bruno

--
Duane Ryan Bailey