[haiku-development] [moved from haiku-commits] Re: r39105 - haiku/trunk/src/apps/showimage

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 13:25:09 +0000

Stephan Assmus Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 24.10.2010 02:39, schrieb DarkWyrm:
> >> * Removed all selection copy/move/cut code.
> > I have major objections to these changes.
> I have serious doubts that you or anyone else used the
> *editing* features.
> The selection is useful for cropping, but why would you
> move *rectangular* parts of images within themselves?

It's been useful for the limited purpose of quickly editing screen-
shots, covering up parts that were not relevant to the purpose of
the screenshot, by dragging empty areas onto stuff you want to hide.

I don't mind seeing ShowImage lose the editing functionality, as
long as an editor is available and preferrably included.

WonderBrush seems capable enough. Perhaps its interface can be
simplified, somehow, but I can understand if you don't want to
dumb it down, Stephan, with all the work you've put into it.

/Jonas.