[haiku-development] Re: mkfs: Error: Failed to get disk device for path /dev/disk/ata/0/master/2: No such file or directory

  • From: Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:45:14 +0200

>On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>> ->mkfs -t bfs -v /dev/disk/ata/0/master/2 Haiku
>
>Shouldn't that be 0/master/2/0_0 or whatever partition index it is?

I would have expected the same, but both DriveSetup and the /dev hierachy
insist on the path I wrote in the mail, no clue why ...

Actually under /dev/disk/ata/0/master I have four entries:
0    1    2    raw

which by coincidence ;-) actually matches my partition layout

0 -> EISA Configuration (empty) required by FSC remote service or whatever
1 -> Windows Vista (don't kill me - need UMTS)
2 -> designated partition for Haiku if I ever manage to actually get it
initialized

Btw, I also tried to (install) boot BeOS from CD on this laptop to use the
BeOS tools to fix the partition, however this of course failed, since BeOS
doesn't like USB cd-rom ;-( and the laptop has no built-in optical drive (its
actually slimmer and lighter than the MacBook Air ;-)

Rossi