[haiku-development] mkfs: Error: Failed to get disk device for path /dev/disk/ata/0/master/2: No such file or directory

  • From: Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:14:21 +0200

Hi all,

I gave up on getting Haiku to run on the desktop I "organized" myself,
instead I "organized" an Lifebook Q based on a Core2 Solo 1400 CPU and Intel
chipset.

This systems boots fine from USB (with the minor exception that safe mode
graphics is required, as otherwise the system crashes somewhere in the
app_server initialization), however when I try to mkfs an existing partition
on the harddrive I get the following error:

->mkfs -t bfs -v /dev/disk/ata/0/master/2 Haiku
Error: Failed to get disk device for path /dev/disk/ata/0/master/2: No such
file or directory

entering the debugger it complains about ...BPartition::IsReadOnly () from /
boot/beos/system/lib/libbe.so

I assume again something stupid on my side! Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rossi