[haiku-development] Re: merge branch

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:37:00 +1200

Am 18.05.2010, 21:09 Uhr, schrieb Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:

About doing a switch: I have always maintained that you should look
closely at the nature of the project to decide which tools you should
use. Up until now this project has had a very centralized
organization, probably somewhat organized around the aspect that we
use SVN. The discussion should be whether another project topology
would yield better results, not which tool is cooler to use. That
really is a different thread though.

I see no real problem why we should change our policy because of hg. What do you mean exactly? that short local branches will be exist that are then merged back into the trunk and you want to avoid this? Just one trunk without temp branches?

I will continue my implementation of the tool, and perhaps I can
announce a test project soon.

Yes, think I not completely got your idea but when I test it I would surely get it :)

        Clemens