[haiku-development] Re: mail preferences auto config

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 10:31:54 +0100 CET

Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Does the mail setup support specific ports for POP & SMTP servers
> > on
> > alternate ports, such as gmail? If so, I believe that is also
> > important to include (though that's only if this gets approval, of
> > course)
> The default (I think alway correct?) port is choosen by the protocol
> addons. Also the right port is choosen when SSL is enabled. But SSL
> is
> only a #define option in the addon source code. Don't know if it
> really

Please build Haiku with "USE_SSL=1 jam haiku-image", and it should work
in case you have installed Haiku's SSL as described in
http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/26971
It might need some updates if OpenSSL already installs itself to
common, now, I dunno.

> works just see this when I going through the existing code.
> As far as I know you can't choose the port and SSL in the mail
> preferences. Doesn't gmail work with the current mail preferences?
> My AutoConfig only set the existing addon options. If there are
> providers
> using not the default port numbers we have to change the protocol
> addons
> first.

You can select the port by using the <server>:<port> notation, IIRC.

Bye,
   Axel.