[haiku-development] localization jam rules

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 15:14:21 +0100 CET

Hi,

Anybody else tried to use the DoCatalogs jam rule and have
the catalogs generated, from a Linux cross-build?

I think I'm seeing jam do different things when invoked
in a subfolder vs. in the top folder.

When doing a full build from the top folder, the files
"en.catkeys.pre" and "en.catkeys" get created in
generated/objects/haiku/common/preferences/backgrounds
and "en.catalog" gets created in
generated/objects/haiku/x86/common/preferences/backgrounds

But when jamming from src/preferences/backgrounds these
files don't get created.

There's also an issue with Jam clean leaving the .pre files.

I'm wondering why the rules were put here:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/build/jam/BeOSRules
which is for BeOS-specific rules. Why not in
http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/build/jam/MainBuildRules ?

And a practical question - to make a sv.catkeys file, do I
simply copy the generated en.catkeys
from generated/objects/haiku/common/preferences/backgrounds
to data/catalogs/preferences/backgrounds and add sv.catkeys
to the DoCatalogs rule of Backgrounds' Jamfile?

/Jonas.