[haiku-development] Re: ipro1000 (e1000) are now 3 drivers in freebsd

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 16:39:17 +0200 (CEST), Fredrik Modèen wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 22:21:19 +0200 (CEST), Fredrik Modèen wrote:
I would like to do something like this. I don't know JAM but
something
like this should be possible?

DRIVERS  = em lem igb ;

Do you have any progress with updating ipo1000 driver? ;-)

The problem I had was not that much how the 3 different diver could co
exist or be build togehter but that the lem (thats the version for
virtuakBox/vmware) but that version did not work ok.

If I understand correctly the "lem" is just "l[egacy]em" - they have moved outdated cards support from "em" to "lem". So it is not surprise that this hardware doesn't work anymore. Current version ipro1000 include and link if_em but no if_igb or if_lem. My changes allows to multiple freebsd drivers in the single Haiku add-on module - so it can help fix that problem.

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski