[haiku-development] Re: how to install icu-devel?

  • From: Zimin <ziminq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:48:57 +0800

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> For developing Web+, IIRC, it's only possible under a gcc4hybrid.
> > To make it clear : you'll need to build an Haiku image yourself
>
> It wasn't that bad when I built WebPositive around the beginning
> of February.
>
> I use gcc2hybrid snapshots and setgcc to gcc4.  That leaves some
> libraries missing - stuff like libxml2.a - because they aren't
> installed in the gcc4/ subdirectory.  But that isn't a giant obstacle,
> I just made links from the /boot/common/lib/libxml2.a etc.  gcc2's
> plain C .o files are OK, neh?
>
> I got the ICU development package from the usual site that hosts
> Haiku optional software packages - sorry, I misremember the URL!
> After unpacking the archive, one needs to make some symbolic links
> for the libraries so that they appear somewhere in the compiler's
> search path.

After I sent this mail, I've done some tweaking to manually install
icu-devel and put into corresponding directory.

At first, it can even find the libicuuc.so and some other libraries, then
later with symlink, it can find these libraries, but then it complains that
some functions are not defined, e.g. u_tolower etc. So I'm afraid I didn't
install them correctly.

--
-zimin