[haiku-development] Re: how to install icu-devel?

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:24:27 +0200

Le Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:21:48 +0200, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 07:53, Zimin <ziminq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

In order to install webpositive, I have to install icu-devel, but
installoptionalpackage doesn't provide it, how can I install it? I'm using
x86 GCC 2 image.
I have to say, I'm going through some pains to setup webpositive
environment...

For developing Web+, IIRC, it's only possible under a gcc4hybrid.

As for installing ICU-devel, the commands used in the jam file are too
complex for installoptionalpackage to handle.  That
installoptionalpackage works at all is a minor miracle, as it
processes jam syntax into shell scripting  :)

To make it clear : you'll need to build an Haiku image yourself, and configure it so it includes the ICU development stuff, which isn't included by default because it takes too much space and is only useful to people building Web+ - not the typical activity of Haiku users.

--
Adrien.