[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] r34117 - haiku/trunk/src/apps/deskbar

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:07:23 -0800

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Windows alternatively uses CTRL-ESC for the "Start" menu, FWIW...
>> from
>> the era when not every keyboard was Microsoft-branded :D
>
> I'd find it kind of ironic if we'd use the Windows branded "Win" key (-
>>OPT) for "Window Management". Up yours, M$. :)

I should have also mentioned that Windows alternatively uses SHIFT-F10
for the "menu" key (which my Model M also doesn't have)... so
Microsoft planned ahead and realized they couldn't force users into
using their new custom keys... kinda ironic, since every keyboard
immediately started shipping with them thereafter.