[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] Re: r36420 - in haiku/trunk: build/jam headers/os/drivers src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/acpi src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power/acpi_embedded_controller ...

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:59:58 -0700

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
Fredrik Holmqvist wrote:
2010/4/23 Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
FWIW, this happens when I run ACPI-enabled Haiku on my good old AMD Athlon
XP machine.

Interesting, when did you try this? Long ago or recently?

It may have been about 2 - 3 months ago, but to be honest I am not really sure.

If any ACPI-related changes to address this problems were made more recently, I would be willing to test again with a more recent rev. Please let me know.

OK, here is the scoop. With ACPI enabled and APM disabled, the fan seems to be working fine and system power down works. If I enable APM, though, the fan runs at very high-revolution 100% of the time, regardless of whether ACPI is on or not.

Haiku r36232 gcc2/4 hybrid
AMD Athlon XP 1.47 GHz

HTH,

--