[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-commits] Re: r36420 - in haiku/trunk: build/jam headers/os/drivers src/add-ons/kernel/bus_managers/acpi src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power src/add-ons/kernel/drivers/power/acpi_embedded_controller ...

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:17:31 +0200

2010/4/23 Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>:
> I actually find it quite late already. I would have preferred a few more
> weeks (or months) of exposure, particularly because I recall several ACPI
> related tickets (without it being enabled by default). Well, I guess we can
> turn it on now, and decide in the next two weeks whether to leave it enabled
> in the release or best to disable it again.

So do I. It still needs to be tested before irq routing which is set
for alpha 3. It was on the roadmap for alpha 2 so I assumed it was to
be included.

I've looked at the tickets
 * 5064 shutdown problem - (Seems I dropped the ball on this one), not
sure if it is ACPI though.
* 2841 ACPI parser error - very outdated and no response from
reporter. It was from broken ACPI days.
* 4623 Embedded controller sometimes return AE_NO_HARDWARE_RESPONSE.
* 5537 think this is same as 4623, afaik can't see anything ACPI
related that could affect this in the regression range.

Others are either related to the frequency scaling add on or enhancements.

>> Oh I just remembered... what about some machines that stop controlling the
>> fan speed when ACPI is enabled? Is this a myth or is this a real problem?

I've havn't heard of anyone with that problem yet. It's a scary
problem. Is there anything we can/should do regarding this?

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH