[haiku-development] Re: [haiku] Re: NetPositive missing symbol?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:19:28 +0100

On 06.02.2012 12:32, Ingo Weinhold wrote:
We have already intentionally broken binary compatibility with respect to
some Be applications that use private API in cases where we have a
replacement implemenation for the application (e.g. bdb, DriveSetup). I'd
say it would also be fine in this case. OTOH it seems NetPositive did work
until recently, so it may not be much work to fix that again. I think it's
a good idea to mark the concerned private API with a comment, so that it
won't be removed/changed by accident in the future again.

Since the version Pete tried was from July, it could well be one where Clemens had temporarily removed some Mail Kit functions.
It may well work again with a current revision.

Bye,
   Axel.