[haiku-development] Re: [haiku] Re: NetPositive missing symbol?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:32:54 +0100

On 2012-02-06 at 11:40:28 [+0100], Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> That being said,
> NetPositive should work under our stated goal of binary compatibility.

We have already intentionally broken binary compatibility with respect to
some Be applications that use private API in cases where we have a
replacement implemenation for the application (e.g. bdb, DriveSetup). I'd
say it would also be fine in this case. OTOH it seems NetPositive did work
until recently, so it may not be much work to fix that again. I think it's
a good idea to mark the concerned private API with a comment, so that it
won't be removed/changed by accident in the future again.

CU, Ingo