[haiku-development] Re: [haiku] Re: NetPositive missing symbol?

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:35:25 -0800 (PST)

Quoth Rene Gollent,
> See: http://webpositive.haiku-os.org , the Trac/wiki instance has been
> hosted there for quite some time, and contains all the information
> needed to retrieve the sources.

Yes, more or less.  There are some rough edges.  The ICU-devel piece
didn't show up as installable via installoptionalpackage, so I needed
to go out and download that - and then symlink the libraries, which
I gather may be a recurrent problem with that package.  libcurl.a,
libsqlite3.a, libxml2.a might need to be symlinked into
/boot/common/lib/gcc4.

The WebCore library link needs -lssl and -lcrypto;  the WebKit library
link calls for -lcudt, which didn't exist and I just omitted.  Don't
neglect to set the environment flag that turns off the debug build -
it looks like the debug build hasn't been exercised for a while and
there may have been more bit rot.

I suppose WebPositive is actually built for the same or similar
snapshot I'm using, and of course probably went more smoothly, so
your mileage may vary.

The object of the exercise is to add a CURLOPT_IPRESOLVE option
value CURL_IPRESOLVE_V4 in initializeHandle(), ca. line 931 of
WebCore/platform/network/curl/ResourceHandleManager.cpp

There might be other routes ... it would be interesting if
getaddrinfo could be shadowed somehow by a user supplied library,
but don't know exactly how that would work.

        Donn