[haiku-development] Re: gsoc2010: File systems

  • From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 21:50:14 +0100

On 23/03/2010 21:23, PHilip RUshik wrote:
I personally would be most interested in EXT2 write support. That would
enable many linux users to share files between OS's. Since EXT3 can be
mounted as EXT2, i think that would be nice

Wouldn't the GPL zealots go bananas if they find out that GPL'd code is used ???

If the fs code runs in userland ther's no problem, I know that, but what's your opinion ???

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Alex W <yourpalal2@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:yourpalal2@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    As far as file systems go, NILFS (which Janito mentioned) is pretty
    darn cool, and although I have no real say as to what he might do, I
    think that would be an awesome feature for Haiku.

    --Alex

--
Kaiser Jasse -- Authorized Stealth Oracle

The axioms of wisdom:
1. Go the SPARC way of life
2. You can't conquer the universe without the knowledge of FORTRAN
3. In the Unix realm, 10% of work fixes 90% of the problems
4. You can't outstubborn a cat