[haiku-development] Re: gsoc2010: File systems

  • From: Brian Landsberger <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:22:42 -0700

At the moment I'm working on NFSv3.

On Mar 23, 2010, at 1:08 PM, François Revol wrote:

You gave some examples yourself in terms of which FS would be
interesting to
implement. Ext4 is certainly interesting, and perhaps it can be
derived from
the existing Ext2 code. Write support would be nice of course. Other
interesting FS include CIFS for mounting Windows shares. UFS2 would
be nice,
although certainly less useful for the majority of users. Some
existing FS
add-ons could use some love, like the NTFS or NFS implementations. So
is plenty to pick from! :-) Let us know if you need further help!

Someone is already working on a better NFS implementation, cf. older
posts on the list.

Since I have a mac atm, I'd probably find HFS useful but that's just