[haiku-development] Re: glib and fluidsynth

2009/11/16 Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Aw! That's bad. Then, in my opinion, we should search for another
> software synthesizer, since it's not very nice to have such a monster
> just for a SW synth. Of course, currently I don't have any idea about
> which opensource SW synths are available.

Well... If the main reason not to go this route is to avoid glib,
"resistance is futile" :P

This amounts to just postponing the porting of glib. It will happen
eventually. Way too many software depend on it, almost all GTK+-based
software for example. Core Haiku developers are probably better
equipped to make a better port than the randoom Linux deserter... :)

Anyway, just my 2c, IMHO, caveat emptor etc.

Cheers,
A.