[haiku-development] Re: gcc, ld and sockets under Haiku

Quoth scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>,

> unlike BeOS which used -lnet IIRC, Haiku uses -lnetwork when linking
> to network related libraries functions.
> so change -lsocket to -lnetwork and it should work better for you.
>
> There are some issues with sockets, as the python regression tests point out:
> http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/PythonRegressionTests
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4159

Does that show that there are issues with sockets?  What issues,
specifically?  Has other software, in any language including Python,
been encountering issues with sockets?

That Python regression test points out that there's an issue with
that Python regression test.  Anything else is kind of a wild guess,
until someone figures out what's going wrong.  Until then the Haiku
socket implementation is innocent until proven guilty, and in my
experience it has worked great!

        Donn Cave, donn@xxxxxxxxxxx