[haiku-development] Re: file modification watching

  • From: Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:04:34 +1200

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 04:12:51 +1200, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

What is the memory block size?
(if there is anything like that)

Not sure what you mean.

Thought there might be something like a min memory size copied every time. For example, because there is some hardware acceleration to copy memory...

Using a special flag would also need some more cycles so it might be the
easier option to always attach the missing information.

It depends on the ratio of use, I guess. I suppose the overhead of the
check would be insignificant compared to adding the additional fields,
though.

You have to loop twice over the listener, first to send the base message and the second time to send the message with the extended information. Can implement it and measure the time different. But as you said if memcpy is linear to the copied size that should be faster.

thanks,
        Clemens