[haiku-development] Re: driver in user add-ons directory won't be loaded during boot phase

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:20:37

> Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Trying to figure out where to look in the source code for handling
> > the
> > setting,
> > which disables user add-ons loading.
> >
> > Any other place I should have a look?
>
> I'm not sure I understand your problem, so I don't have any advise.
> What drivers exactly are not loaded when exactly?

I've seen this as well. The ipw2100 driver installed to /boot/home/
config/add-ons isn't loaded on boot. It is detected when first
installing it at runtime, but after a reboot it doesn't get loaded. It
looks like some user drivers aren't loaded at all right now. I know
that the kqemu driver installed to home/config works as expected though,
so it's not a general problem of them not being seen.

Regards
Michael