[haiku-development] compilation problem with addr_t casts

  • From: Zsombor <gzsombor+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:25:27 +0100

Hi,

 I would like to compile Haiku on a Linux box, with gcc4. I tried to
follow the readme files, but probably I missed something, because the
compilation fails with gcc errors, like this:  "cast from
'fssh_off_t*' to 'fssh_addr_t' loses precision" in several places (in
src/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/bfs/bfs.h,
src/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/bfs/BPlusTree.cpp). I can change the
addr_t casts to cast (uint8*), but it's definitely not a good
solution. How can I fix it globally ? Any help is appreciated.

BR,
 Zsombor