[haiku-development] Re: compilation error

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:00:35 -0700

Try this out:
1) go into generated folder and delete everything - you want to wipe out
and start fresh gcc build
2) try to build gcc.  If it fails continue on.
3) svn revision of buildtools that's 3 months old and try to build that.
Make sure to clean out generated folder first.
4) If it fails then something not right with your system config for sure.  Maybe
you updated Gentoo and it broke something? If tools compile then maybe
there were changes to buildtools that no longer work with Gentoo?

The above steps will help to pin point if the issue is being caused by the
new buildtools or by Gentoo.

If you can't fix this issue then:
I would suggest using another partition and installing Ubuntu because many
other devs use this Linux distro. and should work for sure.

Regards,