[haiku-development] Re: click-through and AmigaOS mouse mode (patch)

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 00:14:42 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

----- "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Changing the status quo is indeed a bad idea. The current Tracker
> behaviour is actually quite good with this, and much more useful than
>
> any other file manager I came across so far. Like that dragging an item
> does not bring the window to front (likely hiding the target window).
>
> This little missing feature alone renders drag&drop almost useless in
> Ubuntu's file manager, for example.
>
> And menu bars in particular always brings windows to front which is
> pretty useful for FFM users, as it significantly enlarges the area
> with which you can bring a window to front.

I can see the advantages in this. I shall have MenuBar check for the mouse
mode. I would rather not check mouse modes in Tracker however. But the
usefulness of bring-to-front on dragging files is also valid for the AmigaOS
mouse mode, so this might not be necessary. Having the Tracker window's
scrollbar behave differently than other those windows doesn't make sense
however.

I assume we don't want to make every little thing concerning mouse behavior
configurable, but go for a sensible compromise instead? I shall try to come up
with a such a compromise and return with a patch.

Regards,
Brecht