[haiku-development] Re: checkfs

  • From: David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:44:18 +1000

2009/6/5 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This I will raise a issue on.  It should either reduce the size
>> automatically or turn off virtual memory and continue.
>
> That works here just fine (it will turn off virtual memory).
> Can you try to see what exactly fails in that case, and where it stops
> booting?

It stops booting at the disk symbol.  ie it lights up but no further.

When I booted with logging on.  It stopped just before the
KDiskDeviceManager: _Scan(...) normally starts.

I previously noticed this when I used a small partition to install
Haiku on.  It did not boot after I turned on virtual memory.  I could
only boot after mounting the disk and deleting the vm settings file.

Turning on VM with a small enough size was fine.

--
Cheers
David