[haiku-development] Re: building mediaplayer

  • From: sami vuokila <varjosanomat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:01:35 +0900

well i dug around and decided to deal with the first error that came up in
the debug output.

videoconsumer:createbuffers fails creating bitmaps in non overlay mode.

it makes fbitmap[i]= new BBitmap (bound,btflags,colorspace);

creating this fails (bebook says use isValid() method to check if bitmap was
really created. it always returns false.
I cranked up my memory & video mem settings, should not be a memory problem
here.

strangely enough even isvalid returns false, you can get bitmap area info
from the bitmap.
i get a sensible looking stuff out, like

area info for bitmap 2 (0x702490000)
area 2957
size 307200
lock 2
protection 8243
ram size: 8192
..

etc

later bitmaps (it creates maybe 5 for a ring buffer) report ram size 0. is
this correct? size looks like actual amount of bytes reserver for the bmap,
whta is the ram size field about
?

im currently cleaning up the createbuffers code (old doug crockford would
have a stroke if he saw whats in there=) and exploring further.

cheers,
sami