[haiku-development] building haiku with clang

  • From: Paul Davey <plmdvy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:59:39 +1200

Since I have gotten clang working mostly I have been playing with it
for building Haiku.
Unfortunately because of the build system it cannot be configured
directly with clang.
I would like to get to the point where clang can be used as a compiler
in configure, unfortunately there are many hurdles.
One of these is that we still need gcc's libstdc++ and quite possibly
other libs.
We also need all the headers from gcc's libs since clang is just a compiler.
Other than that clang must be instructed on how to use the system ld and as.
I would like some help with these issue's but I don't know who to ask.

Thank you for replies.
Paul Davey