[haiku-development] Re: broken <string> or messed up system?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 14:08:20 -0500

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:46 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of errors in a program I'm trying to build, but it
> may be because I messed up my local system.  Does this little program
> compile without issues for you?
>
> #include <string>
> int main()
> {
>   printf("Hello, world");
> }

The error you're getting would probably be helpful. If you installed
the R5 dev tools it probably also installed the compiler and headers
though, which might conflict with and/or overwrite some of the haiku
equivalents. I'd be very surprised if it was a general problem since
for instance AboutSystem uses that same header without issues. Also
note that <string> will definitely not parse properly if the file that
source was in is named .c without explicitly telling the compiler to
parse as C++.

Regards,

Rene