[haiku-development] Re: /boot/common?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:21:49 +0200 CEST

"scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's the purpose of the new /boot/common directory?
> I'm working on a port of a simple program called FIGlet which asks
> for
> a location to put it's font directory.  Would the common directory be
> the location for this?  such as /boot/common/FIGlet-fonts

I've no idea what FIGlet will be, but the "common" directory is, as the
name tries to imply, a directory that is common to all users. IOW there
is a system directory where only Haiku's core stuff is, there is a
common directory where apps and resources are for all users of the
machine (read-only, also distribution related stuff would go there),
and there is the "home" folder, that is only for you.

Bye,
   Axel.