[haiku-development] Re: /bin/cc

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 23:33:19 +0100

On 2009-03-25 at 20:17:18 [+0100], Raymond C. Rodgers <sinful622@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken (and I might very well be), the default BeOS
> .profile set the CC environmental variable to gcc a la:
>
> set CC=gcc
> export CC
>
> Or something similar.

At least my BeOS R5 installation doesn't do that.

> The fact that Haiku doesn't do this by default
> makes compiling (Themis at least) by default slightly more difficult
> because I have to do that manually on each boot or set it in the
> .profile myself when I do a new build of Haiku. Not a big deal really,
> but that does seem to fix the problem for me at least.

I don't know Themis' build system, but this sounds a bit weird to be
honest. I haven't heard of any (pseudo) standard about defining a CC
environmental variable by default. Often configure scripts allow you to
explicitly set the compiler this way, but normally they find the standard
compiler anyway. If you don't have a /bin/cc that might be the problem,
though.

CU, Ingo