[haiku-development] Re: big_synth.sy considered harmful

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 12:25:56 -0800

On Wed, Dec 07, 2011 at 10:14:30AM +0100, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
> On 07.12.2011 03:47, Sean Collins wrote:
> >having a midi preferences broken out on its own would make more sense to
> >me.My first inclination would be to look for preferences/midi. not
> >preferences/media/midi
>
> Why? Even if you first look for Midi, if it isn't there, wouldn't your
> second best guess be to look in Media? I think we should combine more
> preferences into one, instead of introducing yet more preflets.

I can see both sides.  Personally I'd prefer a separate preflet, but
I understand the desire to limit the items in that folder.

In either case, though, it shouldn't be a "Midi" preference, because it
has nothing to do with the general behaviour of the MidiKit.  "Synth"
would be a more appropriate label, as that is what it would control.

        -- Pete --