[haiku-development] Re: big_synth.sy considered harmful

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:14:30 +0100

On 07.12.2011 03:47, Sean Collins wrote:
having a midi preferences broken out on its own would make more sense to
me.My first inclination would be to look for preferences/midi. not
preferences/media/midi

Why? Even if you first look for Midi, if it isn't there, wouldn't your second best guess be to look in Media? I think we should combine more preferences into one, instead of introducing yet more preflets. The less preflets we have, the better are you chances to skim the list and see that Midi is not there and Media is your best guess. The more preflets are there, the greater the chance someone does not spot "Midi" and clicks Media instead because that's what popped into his eyes and sounds about right (and isn't). Really, the list is much too long already.

Best regards,
-Stephan