[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

  • From: Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:07:09 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Agreed, but beyond http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/FutureHaikuFeatures I think we mostly should set dates when we'd like to have finished something: the only thing mandatory but missing for R1 is the package installer. This should get our attention after the alpha release (or earlier, if someone wants to work on this already).

I was planning on doing some work on it. But I'm currently still messing around with assignfs. As soon as assignfs is more or less usable, I would start implementing some of the stuff that is least affected with ongoing discussions about the design of the package management system (if any).

This week, I will try to update the proposal on the wiki page based on the discussions on this mailing list. We'll have to vote for it at one point anyway, as it is impossible to please everyone.

Brecht