[haiku-development] Re: alpha release window ?

2009/8/8, Braden Ewing <brewin@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Ingo,
> >

> > 2009/8/8 Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>

> Philippe

> although
> > >
> > > Since you volunteer for the job, you probably also have an idea what
> tasks
> > > and privileges of our Release Coordinate entail. I would be delighted to
> be
> > > told. :-)
> > >

> > Having some "corporate sponsor" to provide a mirror would be ideal.
> >

> Oregon State University Open Source Lab (osuosl.org) provides hosting and
> mirroring services for many open source projects. They might be willing to
> mirror the ISO (or even host the website, trac, etc. if needed). It might be
> worth sending them an email for more information.

Thanks for the tip!

If nobody opposes to the idea, I will send an email asking for more
information..  There is are points on their website that asks :

* Contributions that you may be able to make to cover costs.

and

* Your estimated bandwidth usage

For the first point, we would at the very least acknowledge their
support on our download page, I suppose.  Anything else you think
might interest them?

As for the second point, do we have the current frequentation stats of
the website?  I'm particularly interested in the unique number of
visitor we have.  I'm sure (hopefully) it's far less than the number
of downloads we will have, but might give an idea nevertheless.  I
will sure point out we will also propose bittorrent download, that
will share the load quite a bit :)

Philippe