[haiku-development] Re: acpi_thinkpad: request for assistance

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:44:29 +0100

2009/11/22, Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Yah, that's why I am really unsure if getting that driver reference is
>  actually "allowed". I am at least getting a pointer and can pass it on
>  for ACPI method evaluation... which then fails. Regarding integration
>  or lack thereof in the ACPI module, I can only tell of what I see
>  in the other drivers, that the EC handle (acpi_device) is used to
>  evaluate ACPI methods on. Can't tell much more ;)

From what I can see the drivers in power/ only use the ACPI module,
not the embedded  controller directly. They also use the device
manager which I understand to be the ACPI bus manager.

Are you sure the ACPI module and its functions:
http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/headers/os/drivers/ACPI.h
doesn't satisfy your needs?

> I am at least still getting the "missing handler for region ECOR" at boot.
>  Not seen any global lock messages since a while, yet.

Ofc, there is a lot of unimplemented stuff left.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH