[haiku-development] Re: acceptable to start Qt-haiku mailing list ?

On 11/15/2012 01:19 AM, Sean Collins wrote:
is it OK to start a qt-haiku mailing list on freelists ? might help
heard the cats a bit with regard to working on QT app, bug reporting
etc. Didn't know if there are any copyright concerns so I wanted to
check first. Thanks

I don't see how copyrights would be involved. If you mean the word trademarks "Haiku" and "Qt", I'm pretty sure just naming the mailing list respectively falls under fair use [1, 2]. Adding ® symbols in the mailing list description certainly doesn't harm. Anyway, IANAL, so don't trust my word on this. :-)

CU, Ingo

[1 http://www.haiku-inc.org/trademark-usage-requirements.html
[2] http://qt-project.org/trademarkpolicy.html