[haiku-development] Re: about gsoc project:fuse bfs

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:26:01 +0100 CET

JiSheng Zhang <jszhang3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A lot of bfs_shell (fs_shell) code can be reused, it seems that what
> need to be done is just implement the function pointer in
> fuse_operations such as opendir\readdir\read\write etc. Is it a
> project big enough for gsoc?

IMO it's probably indeed not that a big project. It would be nice to
have, though :-)
As Matt pointed out, maybe one could combine this with a different
project to fill up the whole GSoC.
I guess a defragmentation or resize tool for BFS would be related, but
could easily be too much for this as well, although one could start
small (with only B+tree defragmentation).

Bye,
   Axel.