[haiku-development] Re: Zoom sucks and what to do about it

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 04:15:26 -0600

On 2/1/2015 03:33, Adrien Destugues wrote:
This should be implemented so that the "avoidance" feature can be used with things other than the Deskbar. If I remember correctly, Windows has a system-wide setting - I think in the registry - or the maximized window bounds. By default it is set according to the taskbar size (if it is set to always on top), but it can be modified to also exclude other areas of the desktop. For example apps such as Launchbox or other launchers could request that their windows are also excluded from the maximized size.

I think the only proper place for this would be BScreen, such that the ApplicationAreaFrame (or whatever you want to call it) could change per display without applications caring one way or another.

--The loon