[haiku-development] Re: Yet another Task for GSoC: HUD

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:20:49 +0100

On 01.03.2012 18:12, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
I suppose this is most likely an addition to BMenuItem, or would you
want something more flexible?

BMenuItem newItem = new BMenuItem(B_TRANSLATE("New"),
BMessage(MSG_NEW_DOCUMENT), 'N');
newItem->SetHelpText(B_TRANSLATE("Open a new document in a new window"));

That would certainly be a start; however, I would just add tool tip support to BMenu/BMenuItem, and use that function (ie. SetToolTip()) instead.
Then the search would have one more data source to query.

To be even more sophisticated, one could create a framework to assign UI elements paragraphs in some (HTML based?) documentation. That as well could then be taken as source for the search.

Bye,
   Axel.