[haiku-development] Re: Would I Offend You Were I To Sell Haiku?

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 08:52:57 +0100

On 15 February 2015 at 03:12, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would give it a
> distinctive trademark that made clear that while derived from Haiku,
> it was not your product, I don't know but something like "Mike's
> Haiku".

I don't think you could use "Haiku" in its name, check with Haiku Inc. [1].
In any case, I hope you'll prominently state, that you've forked an
alpha (or in some time beta) version of Haiku and explain to your
users that this means unfinished/unstable.

Regards,
Humdinger

[1] http://www.haiku-inc.org/trademarks.html

--