[haiku-development] Re: Word-wise jumping with CTRL in BTextView

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:04:32 +0100

Hi Oliver!

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:00:09 +0100 Oliver Tappe wrote:
> New Suggestion:
>
> Adjust BTextView to use *both* Command and Control as valid modifiers
> for
> wordwise navigation. If an application uses the Command+cursor
> shortcuts
> that overrules, but Control+cursor is still available for wordwise
> navigation.
[...]
> With this, users of the native Haiku keymap setting and the
> "switchers"
> should be able to get what they want and this is AFAICS compatible
> with
> original BeOS behaviour, only extended.

As a Haiku native keymap user, that would work for me.
However, "switchers" will suddenly find that their word-jumping with
their accustomed command-key wouldn't work, if there's a cursor-
shortcut in that app. I'm not sure everyone will get that in such cases
they have to use the control+cursor key instead...

There's just no way around it: Either it's a complete switch CMD<->CTRL
with word-jumping switching too, or it's an inconsistency for switchers
where a few apps will use the control-key for it instead of their
accustomed command-key.

Regards,
Humdinger

      Deutsche Haiku News  -  Haiku Gazette