[haiku-development] Re: Wishlist item: user-friendly programming languages

2011/1/29 Alex Marinko <alxmrnk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Paulo Estrela <paulojbe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For truly beginners I would recommend http://www.team-maui.org/projects/yab/
>> Paulo Estrela
>
> Yes, but yab is, as you said, only for truly beginners; what I had in
> mind was a language that was user friendly but powerful at the same
> time. Besides, yab has not been developed much lately, and may even
> have been abandoned (it would seem).

Sorry, but I don't think there is a language for beginners and a
language for experts. This is a false myth, and it's for example the
reason why Visual Basic is often regarded as a bad language: because
someone (Microsoft, in that case) spread the lie that anyone can
develop with it, and the result is that everyone and your grandmother
writes stuff in visual basic, without having a basic knowledge of
programming in general.
To develop an application in ANY language you need to know the same
basic stuff. C, C++, Basic, Ruby, <insert your favorite language
here>: there is not much difference.