[haiku-development] Re: Window locking bug?

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:01:44 -0500

Hi Stephan,

>  > But the offscreen BBitmap shouldn't even have a running looper, no ?
>
>  No, it is not running. In BeOS, you have to "lock" the bitmap too, before
>  you call functions of an attached view. Is this app attaching the
>  BStatusBar to a bitmap?

That's precisely what the app is doing as far as I can tell, I spent
quite some time tracking that down because I initially thought the
debugger call was being tripped by the looper of the actual program
window. Unfortunately, source is not available so that's as much as I
can tell from here. Related to this, would anyone object if I modified
::check_lock to include the Name() of the looper that's not locked in
the debugger() string? That would have saved me quite some debugging
time :)

Regards,

Rene