[haiku-development] Re: Willing to try

  • From: "Stefano Ceccherini" <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:35:26 +0200

2007/7/16, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Personally I prefer building on Linux and testing under VMWare. Building is
significantly faster than on BeOS and VMWare provides a very good and fast
emulation. Unlike under FreeBSD and MacOS it is also supported to install
Haiku directly on a partition, in case you want to test on real hardware.

I can confirm what Ingo just wrote, and I too share his preference of
building under Linux (Ubuntu in my case) and testing under VMWare
Player (I assume you meant that, Ingo ?).