[haiku-development] Re: Wiki for translation/localization teams

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:40:54 +0100

Hi,

2009/11/6 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> -- Matt Madia, on Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:17:37 +0000:
>> > 4. Agree on a path. Let's prevent that pages will scatter all over
>> > the
>> > wiki tree. For example, let's have the following structure:
>> > i18n/
>> > --- de_DE/
>> > --- --- TranslationGuide
>> > --- --- StatusInfo
>> > --- --- ContactInfo
>> > --- nl_NL/
>> > --- --- TranslationGuide
>> > --- --- StatusInfo
>> > --- --- OtherPage
>> > etc. etc. etc.
>> >
>> i18n crew : is this suggested hierarchy satisfactory? Do you need to
>> modify it?
>
> I'm not sure, what's going into StatusInfo. I'm however wondering if we
> put translation rules and style into one page ("TranslationGuide") and
> have a separate page for the ever growing list of terminology, that
> suggest what words/components are to be translated (or not).

Well, how the language pages are distributed (or standardized) that is
up to you, my intention was merely to suggest a 'base' group (i18n)
and a suggestion for the team names (country code, _, language code).
Whatever goes in there is up to you (even whether you standardize it
or not).

Kind regards,